 Administrative / General / 4688
Re: Thinking of selling my entire 9V collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:29:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
To Michael...

If you are looking for prices, fine, but if you want offers,  I beleive
you are off topic for this group. "Best offer" deals belong in
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade.

I thought trade posts were OK in any group?

Not unless the group welcomes such posts. Ie - in lugnet.loc.uk, trade posts
are okay as long as it's clear that the trade is intended for other UK people
only, such as for an upcoming LEGOfest.. as .bst would be inappropriate then.
But it's a group concensus thing really - the above statement about
lugnet.loc.uk comes from my understanding of discussions in that group about
this very subject!

The moral of the story being, assume it isn't okay. If you need to you can
always post a message to the group in question asking if it is okay - generally
some group veteran would then answer your request.

Richard