 Administrative / General / 4687
4686  |  4688
Subject:
Member searches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:19:54 GMT

Hi Todd,
    I do not know of any current way to search members by state or region? I
would like to find other Lugnetters in my area but I would like to avoid
having to search through the whole list.
    Along the same lines it would be neat to have a map of some sort that
shows distribution. On top of each state, or country, outline you could
place the number or registered users. For example in my case you would show
a US map with outlines of the states. Over Indiana you would see a "2" for
the two people in Indy that are admittedly LEGO fans and actively
participate in LUGNET. By clicking on the State (or number) the screen could
produce a list of names linking to the members homepage.
    Not having any programming background I don't know how difficult this
would be. I don't assume it is much more than a simple database query.
Thanks.

-Nick