 Administrative / General / 4539
    Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images —Todd Lehman
   (...) I agree, and I also tend to think that forcing or recommending cancellation of misplaced announcements would only encourage an increase in misplaced announcements because the perceived damage (and thus the risk) is lower. Plus, I think there (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images —Frank Filz
    Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) permanent (...) Well, my thoughts on this are: I think the "attractive nuisance" factor will be lower with deleted posts. People who repeatedly abuse the system still need to be dealt with. The reasons I think (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I totally agree. Cancellation as a moderating technique, used consistently, worked extremely well in the IBM environment. It's been 5 years since I was there but I ran some fairly controversial FORUMs and had to use the heavy hand of (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

    Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38AE1C47.71263742@v...er.net>... (...) Well true. But being ToSsed would be just as effective for keeping things in control I think (if someone is ToSsed they will no longer be able to abuse the system). (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Because the latter is not exercising editorial control. I am not an expert on liability law but you may want to research (and I'm not sure where to send you, exactly) into the different takes that Prodigy (which did exercise editorial control) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)