 Administrative / General / 4473
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:51:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
Lorbaat wrote:

So tell us:  Whys is it bad, and what will you do to ensure it doesn't
happen
in the future?

You keep wanting him
to admit that it was deliberate.

On the contrary, I've said that I hold no expectation of him doing that.
Whether I think it was deliberate or not is immaterial to the consequences that
should follow from someone ignoring T&C for the fourth time.

...at this point, either Todd needs to come back with a
counter offer, or say that a $10 fine is totally innapropriate (either
way too low, or not remotely what kind of sanction he wants to have).

He did yesterday, and he clarified that within the past hour as well.

...right now, what I hear is that Eric does not want to hear anything short
of something Scott can not offer.

Umm, what exactly?  All I want is for him to acknowledge that what he did has
ramifications *to the Lugnet community* and that, whether from laziness,
uncautiousness, or deliberate intent, he understands there will be
ramifications.

I see that either the
community needs to respond to Scott seriously, • <snip>
I would like to see Scott be able to continue being a contributor to
Lugnet.

My response was serious, and would allow him to fully contribute to Lugnet as
long as he didn't make the same mistake for the FIFTH time.  To review, I
suggested that he volunteer to be banned from all of the .market hierarchy for
a period of six months (NOT permanently) if he does the same thing again.  Why
not just .buy-sell-trade?  A quick search on Scott's name will reveal that a
great preponderance of his posts are auction announcements.  .Buy-sell-trade
holds little interest for him, so banning him just from that wouldn't be any
REAL consequence.

But, as I've said, that's just my suggestion.  It would certainly prove Scott's
sincerity to making sure it didn't happen again.

eric