 Administrative / General / 4435
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:10:23 GMT

Frank Filz skrev i meddelandet ...

I'd be curious as to how many people really never ever ever want to see an
auction announcement.

Probably more than you can imagine! The world is large, and there are all
kinds of people. I'd guess that a majority of the readers are *not* here to
get auction information, and a fair amount of us are actually disturbed by it.

I, for example, still live in the 'connect by time-rate phone' part of the
world, and just connect, download the groups I want to read, disconnect, and
read off-line. Each post that is uninteresting to me, is money thrown down the
drain (and all auction/sale/trade posts are in that category for *me*) - news
reader filtering doesn't help for that - the Lugnet way of splitting up
interests in different groups does!

People can be *very* interested in Lego, without having a compulsory habit to
buy or sell. My own collection is one (1) set - the 8880 Super Car (OK, my
kids have a fair amount too, but that's *their* Lego), and I feel no great
urge to get more (or sell what I have).

Just my 2 öre
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden