 Administrative / General / 4260
Re: Lugnet news is barfing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 03:20:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
I'm not sure what's going on, I just got a message "no Subject header" or
something like that (sorry, don't still have the window open to copy from).

Lets see if this post gets through

Sorry about that, Frank -- it's a bug in the newsserver having to do with
line wrapping in the 'References:' header.  I (think) I've got a partial fix
for it which I'll cut in this weekend while the traffic levels are low, and
JasperJ had a suggestion for a second-level even-better workaround, but that
might go in as a second step.

More background on this bug:

   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=4112
   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=4120

--Todd

p.s.  I've been offline for good portions of the past couple of weeks --
getting a new development 'pute set up, working files moved over, etc.