 Administrative / General / 4257
Re: Lugnet news is barfing - Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 02:58:30 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message ...
I'm not sure what's going on, I just got a message "no Subject header" or
something like that (sorry, don't still have the window open to copy from).

Lets see if this post gets through

Well, that one did, I'm getting the following error:

(crud, I can't cut and paste so I'll try and re-type it)
Outlook Express  could not post the message 'Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was:
[Re: Swearing?])' to Lego Users Group. The server responded '441
defhdrs.awk: no Subject: header!'.

When I try and reply to:

I got this message even when I reduced the Subject down to just "Re: stuff".

Here are the full headers from the message I attempted to post:

From: "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.off-topic.debate
Subject: Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:09:37 -0500

I get the same error when I try and respond via the web interface:

Notes:

Your message was not accepted.
Response from the news server:
441 defhdrs.awk: no Subject: header!

Ok, I see the problem, there is a munged reference (in the edit window for
this message, the references are highlighted except for one, which happens
to be missing the ">" which makes it real obvious where the problem is.

Frank