 Administrative / General / 4139
  New loc group

Heya ! Is it possible to create a new "national" group ? The problem is that I'm from Slovak Republic and my friend (also big LEGO fan) is from Czech Republic. So we are writing now to both groups - loc.sk and loc.cz. But we was formerly ONE (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New loc group

(...) This does raise a problem, Todd. What's the plan for the future if countries split and/or take one another over? (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New loc group

(...) Ah yes, .cs did once stand for that in the ISO country abbreviations. OK, how's this?-- (URL) it's got .cz and .sk as virtual subcategories (plain sideways hyperlinks). --Todd (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New loc group

(...) Todd, Two words: 1) Awesome! 2) Thank you! Big round of applause for Todd from Rene Virsik who lives in Slovakia and Dan Jezek who was born in the Czech republic but now lives in Hawaii. Dan (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New loc group

(...) could (...) hyperlinks). Todd, One minor suggestion: Could all the existing messages that were posted to loc.cz and loc.cs come up in loc.cs? Sort of similar to when you go to loc.us, you see all the messages that were posted to all the US (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New loc group

(...) Hmm, not without reworking the indexer which coalesces groups in a hierarchy -- it only does that for actual subgroups, not virtual subgroups. But it could be done, theoretically. Lemme think about the technical details...and maybe that would (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New loc group

Todd: (...) Oh, and the state of Kentucky used to be Kentucky County, Virginia until KY became a state in 1792, so could you put .loc.us.ky as one of those virtual links under .loc.us.va? ;) On a more serious note, what are the "requirements", if (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New loc group

(...) Sorta ad-hoc... If there are at least 2 people in a reasonably large metro area (or even a small isolated one) who could make use of a specialized group for their area, then most likely the group probably ought to be created, especially if (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)