 Administrative / General / 3724
    Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs —Matthew Miller
   (...) It is Todd's call, but in the case of linking, it would be an arbitrary adminstrative act not justified by the current terms of service. (There is no legal basis behind Lego's claims on this issue.) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs —Todd Lehman
   (...) As far as I am aware, Matthew is correct. If the URLs were originally contained in pages encountered via normal click-navigation[1], then the only legal issue would be the terms of use regarding images at the originating site. (And (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) Does Netiquette = illegal or does Netiquette = polite? That's a question, not a challenge. Is the same information without being a clickable hyperlink okay? Mind you, I'm willing to go along with Lego's request based on politeness, regardless. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs —Matthew Miller
      (...) If Lego changes their statement to be: "Out of politeness, please don't publish URLs not clickable through links on our pages", I would also be inclined to respect that. The "don't do this because it violates our legal rights" stuff is what (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

          Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs —Jasper Janssen
      (...) I would almost certainly respect that. Unfortunately, that's not what is being said.. (...) Indeed. Jasper (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs —Frank Filz
      Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ... (...) and (...) Now here, we're talking about a different issue. I read the above as that you copied the images. If so, deleting them, and not sharing them is NOT just "being a nice guy", it is obeying the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs —Todd Lehman
     (...) With regard to the issues at hand, I would prefer it if everyone respected Brad's and therefore TLC's wishes, regardless of legality. In other words, out of courtesy and respect for the company whose products we love and are here to have fun (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs —Matthew Miller
   (...) If it would help, I'll post a list of all possible URLs (of a given length and/or fitting current patterns) under <URL:(URL). (...) I'm not a legal expert, despite my strong opinions, but thanks to the power of online dictionaries, I'm able to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego)