 Administrative / General / 3583
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 21:13:12 GMT

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:12:53 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

My thinking on a reformat is, can you start over? Move the current
dear-lego to dear-lego-old. If you keep the current contents, someone
starting at the beginning, reading with the current charter in mind, is
going to be confused. Those appends should be kept for historical
purposes but should not be in the current group with the current
charter... if you see what I mean.

I agree, dear-lego is a good name for the group.

I was going to write about this, but I see you've voiced my concerns
near-perfectly.

I agree that dear-lego is quite a good name, but IMHO retroactively
altering things, especially as important as group charters, is Evil.

Moving the current dear-lego archive to elsewhere and recreating a new
group with the old name (logically, if maybe not technically at least)
would be the obvious solution, since on Lugnet, you can do that - on
Usenet at large, it wouldn't work.

Jasper