 Administrative / General / 3452
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:37:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
- Pointers to websites that have images of sets before their release (ie,
TheForce.net, TheOuterRim.com, etc)?

I personally don't see any problem with this, depending on how the pointers
are worded.  Simply reporting upon the existence of something somewhere else,
no matter how illegal (including posting URLs of information contained on
other publicly accessible servers, for purposes of discussion) can hardly be
construed as infringing on anyone's rights.  Then again, I am not a lawyer,
so don't take this as legal advice.  I'm sure it's an extremely gray area.

Ah, but in effect, isn't that what Huw was doing?  He placed the pictures on
his website, and said, "Hey, there are some pistures here.  Take a look."

eric

Actually- Hugh also posted a comprhensive list of set names and numbers- I
think that Todd is saying this violates the T&Cs, while pointing to such a
list offsite does not.

Chris