 Administrative / General / 3431
  2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

Here is the following from TLC: Scanning Of Copyrighted Materials Into A Web Site The LEGO Group owns the copyrights to its building instructions, publications and to the photographs used in our catalogs and on our packages. Copying, scanning and (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

(...) I ain't them. And I ain't an IP lawyer but I do know a bit about IP. But... based on that quote from the fair play policy (which, thanks for posting it!!!, is worth reviewing by us all on a regular basis), the material in question (a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

(...) Clearly, I'm not Todd or Suz. Not as clearly, I'm not a lawyer. But I have to respectfully disagree with you here, Larry. The Fair Play policy, as quoted above, includes catalogues, which this was one of. It also specifically states that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

(...) This has been said a couple of times (that these are frequently displayed in stores), but in the various threads here, I've only seen 1 person state that 1 store has done this. I also have never personally seen one of these catalogues - and (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

(...) It was said as being common in Europe by a couple of folks, as well as being said to happen in a couple of US TRU's. I will say there's a store I shop in that makes it available to customers, if not for display. But they seem to have several (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

(...) No, it wasn't. At least not in the context meant, the way that I interpret it. A catalog is something made available to consumers by Lego. The retail guide is not such a thing. Larry Pieniazek larryp@novera.com (URL) - - Web Application (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:FMHJDI.208@lugnet.com... (...) and I (...) too (...) in (...) that 1 (...) Call me two then. My only vendors catalog, a 1987 one, was from a retailer shelf. Actually, I went into my (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

James Brown: [ LEGO retailer catalogues ] (...) I have seen them in at least two Danish stores. They are definitely not made generally available to the costumers. But on the other hand, they don't appear to be any more secret than that retailers (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)