 Administrative / General / 3387
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:35:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:

Anyway, thanks again for your insights...must cogitate on this...

<shrug> Not much of an insight, mostly just a "holy!  What's happening on
Lugnet today??!?", then taking a step back and trying to see both sides.  Plus,
I've thought about this a fair bit because I'm (apparantly) an "expert" on
some topics, and have to be careful in certain circles about talking
off-the-cuff because I get taken way too seriously.

The main problem that your bouncing into is that because you're "the Lugnet
people", you ARE authority figures, whether you like it or not.  Decisions you
make - even just opinions you express - have an effect on the community as a
whole, for better or worse.  This effect is magnified for those of us who think
RTL is so much dead space.  You aren't the only authority figures, but you're
certainly up near the top of "Important Fans"

Again, I don't think you should be less prolific, or less opinionated :) or
less anything, really - maybe a bit more careful is all.

$0.03 - ain't inflation a killer?
James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/