 Administrative / General / 3388
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:37:57 GMT

It is certainly true that Todd and Suzanne's opinions count for an
awfull lot here. That is primarily because they have EARNED our respect.
Anyone could have created a central LEGO resource, and many have. Some
of them are highly respected, others are given no respect. Witness the
recent discussion in RTL about the individual who wanted to provide what
he thought was a better instruction scan site than Brickshelf. He was
run out of town because he was unable to command the respect of the
community, mostly in part because of his beligerance. We have
collectively granted Todd and Suzanne authority because we recognize and
accept their leadership.

Just a thought on my personal interractions with this "authority": I my
opintion, Todd's position on clones is wrong. However, I respect his
opinion, and I grant him the authority to limit how clones are discussed
on Lugnet. I have consistently found that Todd's ideas on how to manage
the site (as separate from determining it's content) have been the same.
Again, this commands my respect.

Thee big cheers for Todd and Suzanne!!!

--
Frank Filz