 Administrative / General / 3346
Re: Giving bad trader info (Re: Bad Trader Alert!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:06:26 GMT

David Eaton:

[ about giving out other people's addresses on Lugnet ]

But in terms of the LUGNET rules:
"DISCUSSION GROUP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
...[snip]...
It is a condition of your use of the discussion groups that you do not:
...[snip]...
6. Post or transmit any information, software, or other material which
violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which
is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by
copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with
respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or
right holder.
..."

I know that Lugnet is located in USA, but according to EU
(EEC) rules you are not allowed to hand out personal
information (including their address), unless they
specifically have allowed you to do so.

So people living in EU are not allowed to post other
people's addresses to Lugnet, even if others might be.

Play well,

Jacob

      --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --
      --  Web...:  <URL:http://www.ldraw.org/FAQ/>  --