 Administrative / General / 3321
3320  |  3322
Subject:
lugnet.rant? (Was: Re: lugnet.whinge?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:34:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Peter Callaway writes:

<Snipped the most eloquent description so far!>

To rank them in order (from least to worst) you have;
Someone registering a concern/complaint (most people in Dear-Lego)

Someone having a rant would be about here?

Someone having a whinge (some people in Dear-Lego)
Someone having a whine (only a couple of people in Dear-Lego)

In my childish moments (more frequent as I get older...go figure!) I love
having a whinge, if nothing more than to bait my wife. It's a great stress
relief, and a great game we play (her side of the game is to not bite at my
whinge).

:) That was the sort of thing that I was thinking of before - that
ranting/whinging can be beneficial psychologically, especially if you are aware
of the fact that you are ranting/whinging. That rather than see muted
frustration in one group (which should be mostly constructive IMO), a group
where you could rant and whinge in __without_feeling_guilty__ could relieve
some of the frustrations of many FOLs?

The very act of posting to such a group would let other people who choose to
read your post know that you are getting something off your chest, and that
they shouldn't take you too seriously - that in fact you probably aren't taking
yourself that seriously either.

Richard