 Administrative / General / 3315
  Re: lugnet.whinge?

(...) Well, a quick search reveals one other poster using this word: (URL) it can't be a simple misteak. It's actually on the Merriam-Webster dictionary: (URL) while not a definitive source, it at least quells any paranoid fear that I just made the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.whinge?

(...) I knew what you meant. I tend not to use the word because most people look at me like I grew an extra head, but I do know what it means. It looks like they pretty much mean the same thing, to me, btw (whine and whinge). They certainly seem to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.whinge?

(...) Not entirely true. To me a whine is more derogatory as it tends to mean (in Australia, NZ and I think the UK where this word is most prevalent) someone is complaining about something in a really really annoying way. Think little kids when Mum (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  lugnet.rant? (Was: Re: lugnet.whinge?)

In lugnet.admin.general, Peter Callaway writes: <Snipped the most eloquent description so far!> (...) Someone having a rant would be about here? (...) :) That was the sort of thing that I was thinking of before - that ranting/whinging can be (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)