 Administrative / General / 3217
Re: Two users - one PC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:26:58 GMT

Rob Doucette <rob.doucette@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
news:slrn82glml.5o3.cjc@zelda.ns.utk.edu...
You're saying Outlook but do you mean Outlook Express?  If so, lemme
know which version (like which version of Internet Explorer you use)
and I'll try to help you figure it out.  If you use Outlook I may be
able to help you, but only if it's Outlook 98 or 2000 - 97 sucked
and was quite a bit different (and broken) in how it handled things

Outlook 98 (and 97 which does suck!) doesn't support news accounts, don't
know about 2000.  When installing Outlook 98 ontop of Outlook Express, 98
retains Express, moving the mail accounts and keeping the news accounts on
Express.

Well there you go.  Now I know there's a good reason I never used
Outlook for news.  OE isn't half bad at news, although you wouldn't
know that to hear it bashed around some parts.  :)

'Course, you can't call me a true-blue MS flunky, especially
considering I read and post my news stuff using a Linux box and
slrn...

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/