 Administrative / General / 3210
Re: Right theme wrong Place? Train stuff offered!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 08:22:22 GMT

"Roger D. Parks, Sc. D." wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

"Roger D. Parks, Sc. D." wrote:

Whilst my words might be quoted, I'm not.

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Jason Briscoe wrote:

As no doubt a whole host of folks will tell me and correspond on - I • realise
this is in the wrong place!

Do you *really* realize?  Because they will respond because they don't • appreciate
your blatant lack of regard of the rules.

- However I am flat broke, need cash and therefore
maximum impact, so its here!

Your financial situation does not take precedence over the rules of LUGNET. • Your
post is so incredibley arrogant that I bet folks would purposely *not* make • you
offers.  Please just sit for a moment and think what you have done.

Would you care to have him spanked as well?

I happen to not believe in spanking; never have hit my children, never will.

Humour imparement are us, though?

There is nothing funny about some idiot like you baiting me.  What makes you think
*I* wasn't kidding?  Have you had *your* humour aligned recently?

Speaking of arrogant.....

yes?....

self-explanatory to most.

I have two 12v train motors and some track, (will
split) anyone interested? offers please to:
jason-shirley@briscoej.freeserve.co.uk.

Thanks,

See thats not so bad!

As far as you know.  As far as I know and many others, it *is* that bad. • Please
do not do such an inane thing again.

Whilst the TOS need to be followed, one should realise that, being
human, the users are likely to make mistakes.

I think you did, after all.

All of my mistakes are unintentional, as is not the case here.

Unless, of course, you're Todd in a
very odd alias, who has had both his senses of humour and civility
forcably removed.

Sorry, I [1] find nothing humorous about *deliberate* rule violations, and in • fact
find it very *un*civil.  You are right, though.  People who post as such do
forcably remove my humor.  Why can't we all just follow the TOS and play
nicely?

Indeed. And post clues -VIA EMAIL- to the clueless, instead of embarassing them
in public?  Or is this how you think children (so to speak) should be
disciplined?

It was never my intention to embarrass him.  He did that all by himself.

-John

[1] Rest assured that Todd agrees with my and others feelings on this matter. • If
he didn't, he would say.  We merely have done some unpleasant administrative
business with which Todd now needs not to deal.

<shrug>  Had it been Todd, I would think that the reply would have been:
1.  In email, where it belongs;

2.  Done with some level of understanding that situations alter cases;

3.  Done with civility, which you failed to do completely.

Look, I did not really care that he posted in the wrong group.  Happens all the
time.  I just didn't like the way he blatantly ignored the rules he *knew* were in
place.  It was a sort of "above the law" attitude IMO.  And if he meant it as a
joke, it wasn't funny.  I am not normally a stick in the mud; I just found his
post very uncivil for some reason.  It's probably why my response seemed so
"forcably removed of humor"  to you.

Point's over; what's done is done and the 'offender' has apologised.  I note
with interest that you faild to jump on that fact as quickly as you did his
'transgression'.  How telling.

Tells me that I have been out of town the last few days and haven't read this
thread until now.  What does it tell you?  On second thought, nevermind.  This
discussion was pointless from the start.

-John

Roger