 Administrative / General / 321
Re: When is everyone coming over?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:03:24 GMT

Once upon a time, mah4546@aol.com (Mark Herzberg) wrote:

I posted a thing about using Free Agent(which I am) with AOl to the
RTL. I was wodnering, how do you get rid of read post. All the post I
have already read stay there, and they just dont dissapear. Thanks.

In Free Agent, go to Group | Default Properties.  Use the "What to
Purge" and "When to Purge" tabs to control how long articles are kept
on your computer.

One thing to remember:  if you delete the articles from your machine,
they might get re-downloaded as new from the newserver.  I used to
have this problem when I would have the "server creates messages out
of order" flag checked on Group | Default Properties | Retrieving
dialog.

Steve