 Administrative / General / 3149
Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:54:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Lindsey writes:
Hi Dave,
  Certainly no offense has been taken.  I think that myself and some of the
others posting on subjects you have deemed not quite appropriate for LUGNET
have genuinely been trying only to have fun.  The number of posts is not
really seen as a contest just a gentle nudge to get more people posting their
opinions.  If LUGNET does not want us or individuals feel we are ruining the
format I would welcome your input and suggestions as to where to go.  The
DATsville thing is something I am not familiar with so could you tell me a
little more?
  Sorry to have offended you, have a great day.

Mark L

Well, I don't mind having fun-- I certainly think that the ideas you've been
posting on have been interesting conversation items... just not necessarily for
the lugnet.adventurers group.  Mostly, I'd just rather that things not relevant
to adventurers (like the whole movie topic) could be moved to
lugnet.off-topic.fun or somewhere else relevant.

The other issue I had was where I was more concerned-- the 'contest' with
having the "most posts"... I showed 1 example, and I noticed another one
yesterday, I think (maybe it was Monday) where you cross-posted a message to
adventurers that had no bearing at all on the subject. One of them was a
question about TLG's website (posted to lugnet.general AND to
lugnet.adventurers) and one was in the middle of a thread about the new eskimo
fig, which had priorly been in off-topic.fun which you again cross-posted to
adventurers, without any need, as far as I could see... That's really what I
have a problem with, because there it seems like you're just trying to 'outdo'
other groups, and generating a lot of fluff in the adventurers newsgroup. I
think I mentioned it in the other post, but it's been making me ignore the
group altogehter, which I would rather not do-- I do like adventurers... I just
want to read stuff that's pertinent to the group...

As for the Datsville stuff, I'll make a post to adventures about that... not
really necessary here... plus it might drum up some more interest for you! :)

Thanks,
DaveE