 Administrative / General / 2917
  LUGNET Welcomes Donations

Every so often, someone asks if there is any way to make financial contributions (i.e. gift donations) toward the development and support of LUGNET. There never was a good 'yes' answer, so here finally is a page of information for anyone who is (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

Tried emailing you a few times, but didn't get a response. Can I get an account statement issued please? I want to see if my previous donations are properly reflected, thanks. (in other words, did you remember to take them?) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

A second donation was graciously made yesterday by Matthew and Karen Miller. That makes three people now, so it's time to start the Donor List page: (URL) more info: (URL) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

(...) remember why it's such an odd amount. ;) Thanks for reminding me. (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

Would donations of LEGO be accepted? I would be more than happy to donate a portion of great finds as they occur. -- Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (URL) Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FK87vH.HCw@lugnet.com... (...) Miller. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

(...) Oops, I should've said that makes _four_ people now...I'd forgotten about Mike, but I remembered Mike before Mike remembered Mike. :) (...) Well, hey, thanks for the help! --Todd (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

(...) Sure! Whole sets or loose pieces -- either would be most gratefully accepted. Someday, I hope there can be donations -from- LUGNET to various charities, schools, etc., and funds to help local user groups get started, etc. My problem with (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

Todd, I've checked your donations info page and see you don't want cash. Why? And is it a strict "do not" or only a "please do not" ?..:-) Commissions and so for international money orders are high AFAIK. Selçuk (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

(...) Good question. I guess there's no problem with cash as long as long as it is legal for the sender to send cash from their country, and as long as the sender understands the risks involved. I've received cash from people a few times (not many) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

(...) Hmm...curiosity... Hey Larry - would you take LUGNET donations through your factor service? James (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

(...) Sure, for non US donors. A LUGNET donation is just like any other payment I make to any other payee. In general I do not seek out random third party purchases (that is, I am not keen on buying golf clubs for Jan Schmo in Holland who I don't (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

(...) I would have thought that if they can't x-ray it, and it sets off a metal detector then that would arouse more curiousity about it? But then I've no idea what they *really* do to mail anyway :) Richard (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Welcomes Donations

(...) OK, make that five/six people now -- I just fetched today's mail and my jaw literally dropped when I opened an envelope from Dr. and Mrs. Paul Gyugyi. Paul: Words can't express how I feel right now. I'm actually trembling. I can't thank you (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)