 Administrative / General / 2899
  Re: 34 new newsgroups!

I'm not really sure if I like all these new newsgroups but it's too late to talk about that now anyway. I'd just like to have a clarification if it is ok to post buy/sell/trade, auction or other market-like announcements in these new groups. If it (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 34 new newsgroups!

(...) I don't think that messages like that are allowed, since the charter doesn't explicitly say so. And the default is no sales messages unless explicitly allowed. And, even if such messages were okay, the example you give should have been (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 34 new newsgroups!

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:m3puzfq7hi.fsf@....uio.no... (...) The LEGO themes Star Wars and Trains have had their own specific newsgroups since the beginning and there's never been any major problems. The (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 34 new newsgroups!

(...) Yup! But also, the new groups are the natural discussion-counterparts to the new themed sub-areas of the website, which are just now in their infancy. For example, the Castle area (URL) and its counterpart group lugnet.castle are wide open to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)