 Administrative / General / 2834
Re: DAT file updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:08:58 GMT

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 06:01:52PM +0000, Sproaticus wrote:
Todd Lehman wrote:
it.  Disk space is so cheap these days.  In fact,
even at the rate that the news articles have been building up in recent
months, it would still take more than 10 years to gobble up all the
remaining disk space on the server, and that's including the search index.

Todd, I'm curious about these numbers.  Is LUGNET now in the gigabyte
range?  Have you even come close to the point where you need multi-drive
volumes?

At least he's running a nice OS.  Which BSD variant is it? I haven't seen
a "what this box is".  Does BSD have RAID support?

Ciao!

--
"If users are made to understand that the system administrator's job is to make computers run, and not to make them happy, they can, in fact, be made happy most of the time. If users are allowed to believe that the system administrator's job is to make them happy, they can, in fact, never be made happy."
-Paul Evans (as quoted by Barb Dijker in "Managing Support Staff", LISA '97)

The Doctor What: Need I say more?                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC