 Administrative / General / 2828
    NNTP Problems —Cade Roux
   Hi, I use Virtual Access to retrieve newsgroups. I've set it to retrieve all messages in about 12 groups on lugnet.com. It usually times out and has to be run again. It took 6 passes to get all 80 some messages tonight in all those groups. I follow (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: NNTP Problems —Todd Lehman
   (...) Some questions: - Who makes Virtual Access and where can it be downloaded (URL?) - What version of Virtual Access are you running? - What OS are you running? - What type & speed of Internet connection are you running? - Are you behind a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: NNTP Problems —Cade Roux
     Todd, Thanks for your reply, Virtual Access was originally created by Ashmount Technology, then bought by Virtual Technology Corp, and currently owned by Atlantic Coast Software (who also bought CompuServe SWREG service). The software is so stable (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: NNTP Problems —Cade Roux
   Todd, I don't know if you changed anything, but tonight it finally worked all in one attempt. Thanks, Cade Roux (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: NNTP Problems —Todd Lehman
   (...) Nothing has changed, no. --Todd (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)