 Administrative / General / 2813
2812  |  2814
Subject:
Search request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 23:46:22 GMT

Todd,

I think you're doing an awesome job with LUGNET, and putting in a lot of hard
work into making sure it runs smoothly.

Now comes the begging.  :-,

Can you make it possible to search by thread?  Some of the threads right now
have more messages than most newsgroups, and some subthreads are more
interesting to some than others.  I don't think the output should require much
work; the dots code could be used, I guess.  I would imagine that the indexing
would be the hardest part.

I'm not sure how you would add threads to the index, though.  I just have
questions right now, no solutions.  :-P

Cheers,
- jsproat