 Administrative / General / 2802
Re: web interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:25:01 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, "Paul Foster" <paul.foster@sgi.com> writes:

Todd,

While using the web interface tonight, I could only get five
group names in the newsgroups field, example:

http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/il/?n=8

I was trying to add a couple of more loc.us groups to
the newsgroup field but it appears there is a character limit.

Hints, help, suggestions such as go home and use your newsreader
not the web interface?

Just wondering

Yeah, there's a limit...the HTML code for the form told your browser to
limit the Newsgroups field to 100 characters.  You could get around this by
saving the HTML form locally, hacking it a bit, reloading it into your
browser, and then posting.  But it probably makes more sense to raise the
limit.  It's now 200 characters, which would allow for up to about 11
crossposted lugnet.loc.us.xx state groups (I hope that's plenty!).  The
Follow-Up to field had also been limited (30 characters) and I just widened
this to 50 characters.  If there are good examples dictating that either
should be widened even more still, we can do that too.

--Todd

Good deal, thanks.
--
Paul Foster