 Administrative / General / 2765
Re: group suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 19:06:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Loch <kloch@NOSPMkl.net> writes:
[...]
One alternative would be to create both .publish.moc and .publish.scans
but I think I prefer .db.scans better (since .publish is mostly moc's
anyway).

Actually, .publish isn't supposed to be for talking about MOC's at all --
it's for talking about publishing per se:  Photography techniques, imaging
systems, WWW authoring tools, Internet service providers, legal issues, etc.

Long ago, there was going to be .publish.www and .publish.photography, but
the beta test group talked me out of it ("too many groups") and also worried
that .photo or .photography sounded like a place to publish photographs
(this was before the newsserver knew how to reject binaries).

--Todd