 Administrative / General / 269
  Re: CFD: lugnet.announce

(...) No. It's a useful, GOOD group. Make it moderated and you're the only person that can post stuff to it. IF you want REAL Lego stuff there too, all people have to do is send it to you. Make the Followup-To automatically set to (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.announce

(...) Agreed! It has been my experience that *.announce groups are low-volume, moderated groups with almost no "discussion" going on, and that's why I subscribe to them. -gyug (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.announce

(...) Todd, I'd agree that this is generally a normal assumption. But I still see the use for a general announcement group, and lugnet.announce sure seems like the intuitive name for that too. How about making lugnet.announce such that "Followup-To" (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.announce

(...) I like that. I bet it would go a long ways toward keeping newbies from posting non-announcements there too. Probably pretty easy to add to the injection stuff. Sounds like a good second thing to try before resorting to more stuff. (The first (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)