 Administrative / General / 2115
Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 12:32:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Selçuk Göre writes:
[...] You already mentioned some "special" provisions to allow older
users to continue their well known nicks, that are not related to their
names,

No, that wasn't to give special treatment to anyone to use nicks unrelated
to their names, it was citing examples of gray-area cases.

OK, I see the confusion now...  Sorry for being ambiguous.  When I wrote:

   "Anyway, here are some examples that do seem gray to me and may need
   careful attention...(these have all been disclosed publicly on LUGNET
   by their owners)"

in:

   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2082

I meant carefully and tactfully deciding whether or not those ID's would be
OK, and if necessary, gently and diplomatically explaining why they weren't.
I didn't mean to imply that they were OK, a priori or otherwise, and
certainly not because someone was an older user.  I just meant that they
were potentially sensitive cases.

--Todd