 Administrative / General / 2061
Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 05:47:22 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
get to know one another.  For example, someone who sees the letters "cjc"
somewhere today is likely to think of Mike Stanley if they exchange email
with him often.  Or someone who sees the letters "moz" somewhere today is
likely to think of Chris Moseley if they know him by that nickname.

Not sure where I stand on all this or if it really matters to me, but
I thought I would mention this.

All (or most, anyway) of my current login names that I actually have
to type on a regular basis are cjc.  Yeah, I like the initials because
they were Caesar's, but they're also really easy to type quickly, and
3 characters happened to be the minimum on the system I changed them
on first.

In reality, though, nobody thinks of me as that.  Nor, really, do most
people think of me as Mike, Michael, Stanley, or anything resembling
(in English anyway) my given names.  Most people at work and most of
my friends call me Misha, a carryover from what my Russian instructors
and fellow classmates called me at DLI while I was in the Army.

Misha is actually what I tend to think of myself as, for reasons I
can't quite explain, and I use it on systems that I use via the web or
other ways that remember who I am (or who I should be) because of
cookies or whatever.

So would this plan/scheme you have in mind allow for me to be Misha?
It really amounts to Mike anyway.

Something to think about, I guess...

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)