 Administrative / General / 185
Re: Lugnet Guides
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 02:35:36 GMT

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 23:15:00 GMT, "Ed \"Boxer\" Jones"
<edboxer@aol.com> wrote:

Second, you may want to consider 2 additional "discussion boards"

1. Lugnet:OffTopic:Programmers - a place for all the computer
programmers to discuss programming (right now it seems to be happening
in several different boards right now.

This fits inside lugnet.offtopic.fun

Where the discussions about programming are happening now are usually
because they are offshoots of OTHER on-topic things (And I would argue
that programming is STILL on-topic inside of build.robotics, because
of Mindstorms)

2. Lugnet:OffTopic:Computer/Programming Basics - This I think could be
really cool.  Every week one of you programmers would shed some insight
on how to write basic, how to de-bug your modem, etc.  This would be a
GOD send!!!!!  And I do believe there are enough geeks around to give a
year's worth!!!

This would be really cool. But who would write the posts? Who will
create the schedule of whose turn it is to write on a topic, etc? I
think most programming topical posts, even at the basic level, that
get written are because of a thread of conversation going on and
someone gets in a talkative "mood"

This is a case where I would argue for getting the traffic before you
created the group (And one post a week hardly needs its own group)

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com