 Administrative / General / 1843
    Problems reading messages & with cookie —Brian H. Nielsen
    I'm having 2 problems with the web interface to the LUGNET newsgroups using Internet Explorer 3.03 and Windows 3.1: 1) When I try and follow a link to a specific message I get an error message: "This program does not support the protocol for (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Problems reading messages & with cookie —Todd Lehman
   (...) Sounds like a bug in the Win3.1 version of MSIE. The colon (:) in the URL seems to be confusing the parser into thinking that part of the tail end of the URL is the protocol portion of the URL (the part that usually begins with (URL) ftp://, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)