 Administrative / General / 1843
1842  |  1844
Subject:
Problems reading messages & with cookie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 23:21:13 GMT

   I'm having 2 problems with the web interface to the LUGNET newsgroups using
Internet Explorer 3.03 and Windows 3.1:

   1) When I try and follow a link to a specific message I get an error
message: "This program does not support the protocol for accessing
'display.cgi?lugnet.general:nnnn'", where nnnn is the message number I tried to
view.  The odd thing is that if I edit my URL link and update that info onto
the end of the newsgroup URL I'm able to read the message.  If I use the search
function I am able to follow the links from that page to the messages found.
Any idea what the problem might be with the links from the regular newsgroup
message list?

   2)  I go through the posting setup and see the accept cookie dialog box due
to my having my setup as "warn before accepting cookies".  I click YES to
accept the cookie, but it isn't being saved into my cookie file and I have to
re-enter my name & Email info when I post messages.  I have successfuly
accepted cookies from other sites in the past.  Any ideas?

Brian