 Administrative / General / 1727
Re: Off Topic: New location for Austalia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 23:09:08 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Jamie:  All of the loc groups are parallelized and orthogonalized by
country.  The two-letter designators (that is, the xx's in lugnet.loc.xx)
are the countries' respective Internet first-level domains, so as long as
New Zealand has its own top-level domain, that's where it stays.  Scotland
and Northern Ireland are technically part of the UK, so that's why those
countries are listed inside the .loc.uk hierarchy.

So where is lugnet.loc.gb then?  It itself is a top level domain - I've
noticed in the list that the Title for the UK was "UK of GB and NI" - I
didn't know that GB and UK were essentially that different - an American
proves me wrong :-)

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170