 Administrative / General / 1725
Re: CLSotW announcements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 22:54:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, radiotitan@spamcake.yahoo.com (Tom McDonald)
writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Ben Gatrelle writes:
I think it would be a good idea to have a brief weekly post to
lugnet.announce with a URL to the Cool Lego Site of the Week for
that week. As it is now, you have to go to the web interface
http://www.lugnet.com/cool which is not bad, just less convenient
for some people. I also have the feeling that sometimes people
whose sites get selected are not even aware that they have been
choosen.

That would be me (once upon a time).

Does anyone else think this would be a good thing for lugnet.announce?

Mee too, please! Plus followups could be sent to .general so folks could buzz
about it.

There's actually going to be a special newsgroup for CLSotW -- it'll match
the URL of /cool to the ng name of .cool -- like what's happening to all the
other lugnet ng's, but only this time in the reverse direction.

From the webpage, there'll be a link to the ensuing discussions each week,
so people coming from the webpage can jump into the fray and post their
comments/thoughts.

When the new .cool group goes up, the first thing that'll go into the group
is an automatic posting of all of the past picks -- in essense the seeds of
more than 100 new threads to discuss the sites in a more focused way.

Could a courtesy announcement be sent to RTL too?

Good idea.  :)

--Todd