 Administrative / General / 1628
Re: Canceling cross-posted articles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 21:14:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
[...]

The tricky thing is, though:  I can still read the old message from
lugnet.general.

Your newsreader probably isn't handling crossposting properly and is holding
a cached copy in the other group.  I just checked on the server, and if
we're talking about the same article, it -is- actually for-sure cancelled in
both places.

--Todd

p.s.  If there is ever any question as to whether an article really did
disappear, you can always just check it on the web like this...

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.faq:216
   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.general:4110

...and the server will confirm that the article doesn't exist.

HTH,
--Todd