 Administrative / General / 1627
Re: Canceling cross-posted articles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 21:12:17 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, jsproat@geocities.com (Sproaticus) writes:
I cross-posted an article to lugnet.general and lugnet.faq.  I then canceled
the one in lugnet.faq and resubmitted it (again cross-posting to both
groups).  The old article is still showing up in lugnet.general however.
Attempts to cancel that one gives me the following news server error:

No article by message-id <3739C013.3A6AD9E3@geocities.com>, sorry.

That's because it's not actually there -- you cancelled it.

The tricky thing is, though:  I can still read the old message from
lugnet.general.

Your newsreader probably isn't handling crossposting properly and is holding
a cached copy in the other group.  I just checked on the server, and if
we're talking about the same article, it -is- actually for-sure cancelled in
both places.

--Todd