 Administrative / General / 1627
  Re: Canceling cross-posted articles

(...) That's because it's not actually there -- you cancelled it. (...) Your newsreader probably isn't handling crossposting properly and is holding a cached copy in the other group. I just checked on the server, and if we're talking about the same (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Canceling cross-posted articles

(...) p.s. If there is ever any question as to whether an article really did disappear, you can always just check it on the web like this... (2 URLs) the server will confirm that the article doesn't exist. HTH, --Todd (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Canceling cross-posted articles

(...) Good point. Thanks. This will appear in the FAQ. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Canceling cross-posted articles

(...) Actually, even easier is simply to "Reload" - the canceled message disappears! (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Canceling cross-posted articles

(...) I tried that via Netscape's nntp interface -- "Get Msg" (1) -- but it didn't nuke the cancelled message in the other ng. I suppose the Web interface should be the final arbiter on these things, since its message list is generated on-the-spot. (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.admin.general)