 Administrative / General / 1401
Re: Canadian provinces & territories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 23:21:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, mlegault@nortelnetworks.com (Martin Legault)
writes:
In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:
60 new local newsgroups have just been created:  12 at province level in
Canada and 48* at the state level in the U.S.

12 province ??

At my knowledge there is only 10 province and 3 territorys.

Oops, sorry!  I meant "12 administrative divisions" or whatever the generic
term is.  (What is the difference between a province and a territory?)

Apology accepted

A province gouvernement have a lot more "power" or "right" than a territory
(principaly TAXE :-(, have the right on natural ressource, greater autonomie
while a territory is dependant on the federal gouvernement for most of its
budget (kind of a state and district difference)) and Nunavut is in beetwen

Yes 3. April first
was the day of the creation of the "Nunavut". NWT had been split in 2 west
part keep NWT name and the easter portion took the Nunavut name. except for
the name the Nunavut have more power than a regular territory but lest than
a province.

Here's the actual list:

  http://www.lugnet.com/loc/ca/

How should it be amended?

look fine for me... except for  loc/ca/nunavut

Does Nunavut have an official mailcode?  (AB=Alberta, SK=Saskatchewan, etc.)

probably, but I have no idea (maybe Canada Post web site?)

Don't know if there will be lot of AFOL from there but the
school are well equip in computers

All FOL in general are more imporant that AFOL.  :)

You're right but TRU must be very rare over there

--Todd

Martin