 Administrative / General / 13899
Re: Technic sidebar thingie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:56:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

I understand your reluctance to pursue administrative repurcussions in this
latest flare-up. Unfortunately, perception of administrative bias is as damaging
as actual bias. A lack of administrative response to what many (including
myself) perceive to be an improper use of administrative privileges implicitly
condones the behavior. In essence, allowing Ross' actions without reprimand
plants a seed in many minds that says it's OK to pick on people if you're a
staff member. Or if you think a staff member would approve of such behavior.

I remain concerned the core issue hasn't been resolved. After witnessing (and
being involved in) several of these recurring squabbles, I have a tough time
relying on the innate goodness of human nature to play well with others. Lugnet
remains the home of button pushers, and of people with buttons, and as long as
the pushers can keep punching those buttons without consequence, I have no
reason to think they'll change their behavior in the long run.

- Kelly

I strongly agree with Kelly's response above. The role of administrator is a
priveledge that should be bestowed upon trustworthy and honorable people. The
priveledge should be revoked if used outside of the purvue of responsible
administrative duties.

Furthermore, I believe that not only the button pushers, but also those with
overly-sensitive buttons are responsible for the less than friendly current
environment on LUGNET.

I encourage and stand behind the administration in the use of consequences for
unsportsman-like behavior.

And I would like to encourage the Buttons and the Pushers to grow up a bit, keep
your nasty words to yourself, don't over-react and cry foul at the slightest
insult. Only you can decide how you react to an insult.

Aaron Sneary