 Administrative / General / 13814
Re: Duplicate Posts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:52:46 GMT

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 01:04:42AM +0000, Todd Lehman wrote:
...which would indicate either a server hiccup or client hiccup.  The
real question here is why the duplicate-post detector on the server
didn't detect the duplicate post.  I forget what algorithm it uses,
but there is a cache of recent posts it compares any incoming post
with.

Hmm.  Do you happen to remember where this happens?  I can't seem to
find anything in either of the mail2news chain or the injnews steps.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com