 Administrative / General / 13812
Re: Duplicate Posts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 03:24:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Timothy Gould wrote:
   (...snip...) From that it looks like it’s not the only thing you’ve duplicated today.

Tim, was that necessary?

The raw content of Eric’s two posts differs only in these three lines...

Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 23:08:14 GMT
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 23:08:51 GMT
...which would indicate either a server hiccup or client hiccup. The real question here is why the duplicate-post detector on the server didn’t detect the duplicate post. I forget what algorithm it uses, but there is a cache of recent posts it compares any incoming post with.

--Todd

While I do not have the links handy, I could swear that I have seen a few duplicate posts over the last few days, Not just Eric’s.

Jude