 Administrative / General / 13802
Re: LUGNET is not sending out message authentication posts.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:15:01 GMT

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message
On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 07:11:55AM +0000, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:
Occasionally, this happens - I've no idea why though Could Rene or
Gerry please look into this ASAP and find out what is causing an
authentication message to not get sent out?

Are you 100% sure that the emails aren't being blocked by something on
your end?  I post via email (though not that often, I know), and I
haven't seen this problem?

Well, it turns out that they are being generated quite late.  Because I
eventually received the authentication messages.  Although, I have to say
these were nearly an hour late, an hour isn't what I would call an
acceptable turn-around processing time!

I still wonder what on earth the script is doing, as it used to be that
authentication messages were sent out almost immediately.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde