 Administrative / General / 13800
13799  |  13801
Subject:
LUGNET is not sending out message authentication posts.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 07:11:55 GMT

Occasionally, this happens - I've no idea why though Could Rene or Gerry
please look into this ASAP and find out what is causing an authentication
message to not get sent out?

I find that using the "multiauth" link in a previous post will usually show
it up, waiting there, so I know LUGNET's receiving it properly, it just
isn't emailing me back with the post authentication email.

I think perhaps the authentication script has:

(a) crashed

(b) encountered an error which requires operator intervention

(c) is waiting for another script/program to respond, which isn't currently
doing that

(d) gone on vactation mode and is doing something else having nothing to do
whatsoever with authentication of posts

(e) all of the above

Well, okay, I think that last one is a bit dodgey, but it's not doing

(f) sending me an authentication email

which I'd like to see fixed ASAP!!

That being said, if you're busy over the Xmas break, please get to it when
you can!

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde