 Administrative / General / 13765 (-20)
  Re: Some assistance please!

(...) I haven't (re)checked the lugnet ToU, but I'm pretty sure that part of the deal here is that people can only post under their real name. You might be in luck, though: I think at least one (URL) exception> has been made lately - but I could be (...) (18 years ago, 23-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Some assistance please!

I was wondering if someone could offer some assistance! I've just entered into a government position the requires me to have my full name omitted from any web sites or internet documents. I joined Lugnet long ago when it first started up sith Suz (...) (18 years ago, 23-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Guide updates (Tue 14 Nov 2006)

(...) It does make it harder to see posts from people providing updated information. The log of updates is probably generally of minimal interest. Having it available is nice, but I don't need to see it on a daily basis. Of course, I've been a (...) (18 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Guide updates (Tue 14 Nov 2006)

(...) Well, it's the best place I can think of for them, working from the assumption that lugnet.admin.database is the newsgroup for postings related to the LUGNET Guide. That assumption is not actually supported by the charter but no existing (...) (18 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Guide updates (Tue 14 Nov 2006)

(...) lugnet.admin.database doesn't seem to be a discussion group. The charter says "Set listings, theme/set/element datafication & esoterica, etc." To me that sounds primarily like a data dumping ground, although I suppose discussion of that data (...) (18 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET

(...) Hi Dan, IMO, "real" maps like maps.google.com, local.live.com or www.frappr.com always look somehow unsightly. They're good for setting places on a very detailed base, like showing residences of club members etc.pp. But for a rundown on LUGs (...) (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET

This map really is a leap forward, Rene, thank you. You've included a representation of the North British LEGO Train Club on the European sub-map, but this doesn't reflect on the wordwide-map, where the blue pin for Europe is missing. With friendly (...) (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Guide updates (Tue 14 Nov 2006)

(...) Yah, I dislike these messages as well. Especially when there's no updated - but even when there are some, they should go to a statistics group, or some new group - but not in an actual discussion group. Just my $0.02. (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Guide updates (Tue 14 Nov 2006)

(...) Hmm, do we really need these showing up in lugnet.admin.database? They never did before, and dramatically increase the traffic. Frank (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Problem Specifically

(...) Could a temporary solution be to allow a double / to specifiy the cutoff? Tim (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Problem Specifically

(...) Yes, that's what's happening. Not sure what an easy fix is either. The problem is, if a page starts with ~nnn then the server can easily tell that everything after the '~' is part of the FTX page name. But when you hang a page off an actual (...) (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET

(...) Perhaps use the Google Maps interface? I know it's possible to place arbitrary pointers on it (with a popout for more details, websites, etc). Should make it easier to update too, as the data then just becomes an XML file. Dan (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET

(...) The day I started with the new maps and when I designed the pictures, I wasn't aware of the large number of LUGs, MUGs and LTCs. I thougt it would result in a similar number as on the old maps. Hindsight is 20/20. Added to the Suggestion List: (...) (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET

(...) Thanks. Of course now the Sealug folks will be upset they are somewhere in South Eastern Washington instead of Seattle. PNLTC probably should also be moved to halfway between Portland and Seattle to reflect the center of gravity of the club... (...) (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET

(...) Stop yer complaining-- we're sitting in cursed Packer territory! (URL) x^(> JOHN (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET

(...) Hi Frank, GPLR is corrected and PSLTC added. Thanks! Rene (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET

GPLR shows up not quite in the right place (it shows up on the coast of Washington state). PNLTC is a special case: it doesn't really exist any more - except that we do occaisional Portland/Seattle reunions. I'll defer to Steve Barile and other (...) (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New NG for TCLTC

(...) The BIG 3-0???? First a wife, then a child, now thirty??? Rene, you are finished! :-) (the dirty little secret is that life gets BETTER with age!) Congratulations on surviving your youth;-) JOHN (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New NG for TCLTC

(...) Of course, just forgot to set it. Well, now that I reached the age of 30... ;-) -Rene (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New NG for TCLTC

(...) Thank you, Rene. May I also be the curator as well? JOHN (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact