 Administrative / General / 13755
Re: The Problem Specifically
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:03:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Dan Boger wrote:
I wonder if it's because it's off a real page, and not off your
userpage.  I wasn't able to create

  http://www.lugnet.com/trains/org/tcltc/test/test2

either.  I'll see if I can spot any configuration differences between
how userpages are treated and FTX off "real" pages.

Yes, that's what's happening.  Not sure what an easy fix is either.  The problem
is, if a page starts with ~nnn then the server can easily tell that everything
after the '~' is part of the FTX page name.  But when you hang a page off an
actual page, the server only checks the last bit for FTXness.

In other ways, the server doesn't have a way to tell the difference between

  http://www.lugnet.com/trains/org/tcltc/test/test2
  (an FTX page test/test2 off trains/org/tcltc)

and

  http://www.lugnet.com/trains/org/tcltc/test/test2
  (an FTX page tcltc/test/test2 off trains/org)

There's probably a way to do it, but it's not trivial.

Dan