 Administrative / General / 13500
Re: Membership
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:40:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
Hi, not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but anyhoo,

I recently applied for Lugnet membership, and a few days ago I paid my fee,
but I haven't recieved a follow-up.

Hi, this is going to sound like a stupid question, but, if you used Paypal, what
address did you send payment to? Did you receive a confirmation code?

I recently had Todd alter our payment address in the sign-up forms, yet I've
seen no transactions come through.

You are not the only one with this problem. I'm trying to get to the bottom of
it right now.

I'm very sorry for this mess.

-Suz

Well, paypal thinks it sent it to paypal@lugnet.com - I'm guessing this is
wrong?

Ah ha! That explains why I can't see it. But Todd should be able to. Your money
is secure if that's where you sent it. that's good. I'll report such to Todd.

Not your fault that the alterations haven't gone smoothly - nothing ever does in
i.t :)

Yeah, we must have missed one of the addresses to switch over. I think Todd
found it in like 4 places so far. If I may ask, where did you discover the
address you used?

Thanks for checking it out!

no problem. sorry it has taken so long.

-Suz

The address I used is sent in the confimation mail - I can quote the section:

LUGNET Server
<memberships@lugnet.com> to me
More options   Apr 10
FORM:
  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/join/

RESULTS:
Congratulations!  Your member information has been accepted and your member
page is now in 'pending' status.  Your self-assigned membership fee is:

     $xx.xx | $xx.xx  (U.S. dollars)

PAY ONLINE QUICKLY AND EASILY
=============================

At this time, we are able to accept payment only via PayPal
<http://www.paypal.com/>.  Please send your LUGNET Membership payment to:

  --->  paypal@lugnet.com  <---

Please include the following confirmation number with your payment:

  xxx-xxx

This is not your member ID number, but it will simply make it easier for us
to match your name with your payment.  (Member ID numbers are assigned
sequentially upon receiving payment.)  After we receive your membership fee,
you'll receive a confirmation via email.  In the meantime, feel free to browse
the pages of activated members:

  http://members.lugnet.com/

That's all for now!

Numbers etc. blanked for privacy :)