 Administrative / General / 13490
Re: Membership
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 05:44:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
Hi, not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but anyhoo,

I recently applied for Lugnet membership, and a few days ago I paid my fee, but
I haven't recieved a follow-up. is this normal or was it due to easter?
(everyone still sick after all those eggs ;))

The processing of memberships is a little intermittent lately - but I'm pretty
sure everyone that joins is contacted eventually.

Thanks. also, Since about feb'ish 06 I can't seem to post messages - No
confirmation email is sent to my email addy, but some do get through (hope this
one does). any idea on what the problem is? thanks as well for that!

The email confirmation system is likewise a little intermittent, however there
is a webpage you can use to confirm posts which seems to work more consistently:
http://news.lugnet.com/news/multiauth.cgi

(That page is also linked at the bottom of the lugnet.admin sidebar in case you
lose it: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/ )

HTH

ROSCO