 Administrative / General / 13489
  Favicon not displaying?

I've noticed the last few days, when viewing Lugnet posts in my browser, it no longer displays the Lugnet logo favicon like it used to. Then I noticed the main page still works. And while posting this I noticed the posting page works. On close (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Favicon not displaying?

(...) Seems to work for me using FF/Linux... But when I tried it in IE/XP, the icon didn't show up. I've never used this browser for LUGNET before, so I don't know if it used to work... (URL) is still there, so AFAICT it should still work. Anyone (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Favicon not displaying?

(...) Maybe FF has cached it? Try after clearing the cache. I was using FF/XP, but it doesnt work on IE/XP for me either. (...) Not AFAIK. Unless it got corrupted or something? You can also specify it in the header IIRC, but that's probably more (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Favicon not displaying?

(...) My understanding is that IE in Windows will display the favicon only if the site is bookmarked, and then the display is in the Favorites list, not the URL field... the mere presence of the file as identified by Dan allows user agents that (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Favicon not displaying?

(...) Well, it's a little weird actually - I checked my cache, and (URL) was there, so I navigated to the URL (and it displayed fine, including the icon in the address bar), and hit shift-refresh for good measure, but it still wouldn't display on (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Favicon not displaying?

(...) I've noticed that there is a bug in the way FF deals with favicons. Not sure what effect it his generally but they can get completely messed up in the bookmarks. eg. for me the DailyWTF has the ABC Tv logo but ABC has nothing. It could all be (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)